<section begin=summary />Chakra absorption techniques (チャクラ吸引術, Chakura Kyūin Jutsu, English TV: Chakra Absorption Jutsu) allow the user to absorb the chakra of another individual - usually an opponent's - and utilise it as if it were their own.<section end=summary /> Those who have had their chakra absorbed have reduced options in combat due to the lost chakra, and if enough chakra is taken they may be too weak to move. Conversely, those who have absorbed the chakra have expanded combat options due to the increased chakra reserves and their physical condition may improve as a result. However, users must be able to process the chakra they absorb; if they absorb senjutsu-chakra but do not have the required training in senjutsu, they will turn to stone.
When absorbing another's chakra, most ninja require some medium through which to do so, whether it be a jutsu (as in several Wood Release techniques), a weapon (notably Samehada and the anime's Infinite Armour), or some other resource (as in the Aburame clan's kikaichū). Others are able to absorb chakra simply by making physical contact with a target. Known indivudals that can do this are: Yoroi Akadō; Jirōbō; Kisame Hoshigaki; all Zetsu; Madara Uchiha; Obito Uchiha; Fūka; the Ultimate Summoning Beast. Orochimaru is shown absorbing only his own chakra from Kabuto Yakushi;so it's unclear if he can absorb all of a target's chakra if he so chooses.
- In reference to Yoroi's use of the ability, Orochimaru describes it as "unholy", but never goes into detail.
- In Naruto Shippūden 3D: The New Era, the Rinha clan had a kekkei genkai allowing them to absorb chakra and then imbue a puppet with the chakra, even giving it the ability to use other kekkei genkai.
- ↑ Naruto chapter 508, page 2
- ↑ Naruto chapter 471, pages 14-15
- ↑ Naruto chapter 435
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Naruto chapter 67, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 186, page 19
- ↑ Naruto chapter 506, page 5
- ↑ Naruto Shippūden episode 207
- ↑ Naruto chapter 681
- ↑ Naruto chapter 657, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 666, page 1
- ↑ Naruto Shippūden episode 61
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 227
- ↑ Naruto chapter 593, pages 15, 17