Template:Infobox/Naruto/Genetic <section begin=summary />Lava Release (溶遁; 熔遁, Yōton, English TV: "Corrosion Style" or "Lava Style") is a combined nature transformation kekkei genkai made up of techniques that mix fire and earth-based chakra to create volcanic materials such as lava or rubber in different properties and usages.<section end=summary />
- Mei Terumī of Kirigakure utilises a Lava Release unique to her that takes the form of a strong acidic mud which can both be used offensively and defensively. Initially in the anime, her Lava Release took the form of molten rock in liquid state.
- Son Gokū and its jinchūriki's Lava Release, Rōshi from Iwagakure and Naruto Uzumaki from Konohagakure, takes the form of hot molten rocks, either in more solid or liquid states. Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki also displayed this form.
- Kyūsuke of Amegakure and several Iwagakure shinobi use Lava Release which takes the form of quicklime, which is a corrosive substance.
- Karyū, and some of the leaders of Kumogakure — such as Dodai — use Lava Release in the form of vulcanised rubber, which is strong against Lightning Release.
- Etoro Konjiki of Ishigakure's Lava Release takes the form of melting flames.
- Kurotsuchi of Iwagakure's Lava Release takes the form of ashes and quicklime.
- There is a subtle difference in the meaning of the kanji used for this kekkei genkai. Although both mean "to melt", the kanji with the "fire" (火) radical (熔) is outdated and means "melting with fire", whereas nowadays the kanji with the "water" (水) radical (溶) is normally used. Mei Terumī's Lava Release: Melting Apparition Technique, which utilises a strong acidic fluid, is the only Lava Release technique written with 溶. This, along with the fourth databook stating that Mei's Lava Release kekkei genkai can only be used by her, indicates a difference between 溶遁 and 熔遁.
- This kekkei genkai element shows the most different users with no known blood connection to each other, from most varied villages.
- Lava Release shares the same romanisation as Yang Release.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fourth Databook, page 302
- ↑ Naruto chapter 612, page 11
- ↑ Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 486
- ↑ Gaara Hiden: A Sandstorm Mirage
- ↑ Boruto: Naruto the Movie